Control Technology completely designed and built this custom PLC device to test transmissions that raise and lower an airplane’s trailing edge flaps. This work cell tests those transmissions before they get installed in an airplane to ensure they are properly functioning. This custom tester is scalable and programmable for additional test parts.
- Custom 5-axis robotic arm for testing aircraft transmission fly-away parts
- Robotic arm motion addresses transmission inputs being in different locations between aircraft programs and location on wing
- PLC controlled teach point navigation aligns arm assembly to the spline of the transmission input
- Automated testing via PC software logs results and generates QA report
- Recipe based system allows addition of new test parts and future expansion