Target Center Multipurpose Arena
Control Technology designed a new, custom control system for the facility to move the arena floor up and down to accommodate different events; the turn-key solution remedied motion control issues with the original system and allows the Target Center multiple revenue streams.
Control Technology designed the system and worked with an outside mechanical engineer firm who performed structural analyses of the arena.
- 5,000,000 lbs. movable arena floor in Minneapolis, MN
- Level within 0.05 in. over the entire surface as it raised and lowered
- 98 AC motors at 5HP each controlled by Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's)
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) monitors system functionality, floor height, and controls motor speeds
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) provides operators controls and system health at a glance